Adhi kEsava perumAL along with SrI dhEvi, bhU dhEvi and pankaja valli thAyAr, resides in a beautiful temple in this dhivya kshEthram. kUram is the thiruvavathAra (janma/birth) sthalam (place) of kUrathAzhwAn. The place where kUrathAzhwAn‘s sannidhi is presently seen is said to be the thirumALigai (palace) of kUrathAzhwAn.
kUram is situated very close to kAnchIpuram. kUrathAzhwAn‘s father and subsequently kUrathAzhwAn himself were administering this town during their time. AzhwAn is a greatly celebrated AchArya in the SrIvaishNava sath sampradhAyam. He was performing thadhIyArAdhanam (offering prasAdham) to thousands of people every day in this charming town.
At present, many uthsavams are celebrated in this dhivya kshEthram with great dedication by the families that belong to this dhivya kshEthram and many other abhimAnis (admirers) of kUrathAzhwAn.
perumAL: Adhi kEsava perumAL
thAyAr: pankaja valli thAyAr
perumAL posture: standing facing east
Agamam: SrI pAncharAthram
There are several sannidhis and uthsavams that happen for the emperumAn, AzhwArs and AchAryas in this dhivya dhEsam.
- Presiding deity
- thanikkOyil nAchiyArs (separate thAyAr sannidhis)
- sEnai mudhaliyAr
- thiruvadi (hanumAn)
- thirumangai AzhwAr
- parAsara bhattar
- piLLai lOkAchAryar
- maNavALa mAmunigaL
- emperumAnAr – thiruvAdhirai
- thirumEni (vigraha) prathishtA uthsavam 3 days starting on rEvathi
- nammAzhwAr – visAkam
- bhattar – anusham
- sudharsana jayanthi
- ANdAL – thiruvAdi pUram
- pavithrOthsavam – 3 days
- SrI jayanthi – rOhiNi/ashtami followed by uriyadi uthsavam on the next day
- mahA navami – sErthi uthsavam – perumAL/thAyAr on EkAsanam (single seat)
- maNavALa mAmunigaL – thirumUlam
- viswaksEnar (sEnai mudhaliyAr) – pUrAdam
- piLLai lOkAchAryar – sravaNam/thiruvONam
- kArthigai dhIpam
- thirumangai AzhwAr – kArthigai
- dhanur/mArgazhi mAsam kramam
- bhOgi – sErthi uthsavam for perumAL/ANdAL
- AzhwAn uthsavam – 13 days completing on hastham
Thanks to http://kuresan.com for uthsavam details.
- 7am – 12noon
- 4pm – 8pm
- AzhwAn puRappAdu – Every month on hastham
- Otherwise – during uthsavams only
Every hastham, AzhwAn‘s thirunakshathram is celebrated in a grand manner.
- thiruppallANdu, thiruppAvai, AzhwAn‘s panja sthavam (in rotation – one every month) gOshti/sARRumuRai
- SrI sthavam during prasAdham distribution
- AzhwAn puRappAdu with rAmAnusa nURRandhAdhi gOshti
- Return to sannidhi
- kOyil thiruvAimozhi, varadharAja sthavam gOshti/sARRumuRai
- Shri. K.Varadarajan – Managing Trustee – 9710321166
- Shri. Parasara Azhagiya Singa Bhattar, Trustee
- Shri. K.S Vijayakumar – Trustee – 98402 54354
Adhi kEsava perumAL/kUrathAzhwAn dhEvasthAnam
Kooram, Kanchipuram – 631502
Also visit http://kuresan.com.