SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
mUlavar – thiruvEnkatamudaiyAn (srInivAsar) with thAyArs
vadakarai is a small village near srIvillipuththUr dhivya dhEsam (15 Kms from Rajapalayam). There is a beautiful temple for thiruvEnkatamudaiyAn (srInivAsar) that is few centuries old, established by rANi (queen) mangammAL. rANi mangammAL once took betel nut using her left hand and in turn she was affected by dhOsham (mistake). In repentance for her mistake, she was advised by some AchAryas to perform some srI vaishNava Kainkaryam. According to their advice, she established the vadakarai village, built a beautiful temple for thiruvEnkatamudaiyAn (srInivAsar) and brought in many srI vaishNavas to live around the temple. Many vEdha vidhvAns, divya praphandha adhyApakas who hail from this kshEthram are are living all over the bhAratha dhEsam. There is an old saying “kamban vIttu kattuththaRiyum kavi pAdum, vadakarai kallum maNNum pallANdu pAdum” (கம்பன் வீட்டு கட்டுத்தறியும் கவி பாடும், வடகரை கல்லும் மண்ணும் பல்லாண்டு பாடும்) – Even the loom (weaving equipment) in Poet kamba’s residence will compile beautiful poems and even rocks and sands in vadakarai will sing thiruppallANdu. There is also a common saying “kAdu karaikkup pOnAyO!” (காடு கரைக்குப் போனாயோ!) – did you go to kAdu and karai? kAdu means kArappankAdu (another wonderful kshEthram near thanjAvur) and karai indicates vadakarai – these 2 kshEthrams are considered very important.
Sthalapuraanam Video-Watch below
Few SrIvaishNavas from this kshEthram have become sannyAsis/jIyars and headed some of the mutts of our sath sampradhAyam. Some jIyars of the recent past/present.
- SrI satakOpa rAmAnuja jIyar – vAnamAmalai mutt 28th pattam swamy
- gOvindha yathirAja jIyar – srIperumbUthUr yathirAja jIyar mutt – varthamAna (current) jIyar
- Presiding deity
- mUlavar – srI dhEvi, bhU dhEvi samEtha thiruvEnkatamudaiyAn
- uthsavar – srI Alamelumanga, padmavathi samthe Srinivasaperumal
- Other sannadhis
- yAga sAlai
- sEnai mudhaliyAr (viswaksEnar)
- Ani – varushAbishEkam – jyEshtAbishEkam – 2 days
- purattAsi – 3 days uthsavam completing on thiruvONam (sravaNam)
kramam/routine – timings
- 7AM to 9 AM (nithya thiruvArAdhanam)
- 5:30PM to 7:30 PM (thiruvilakku/lamp lighting)
- Every sunday: Moolavar Thirumanjanam
- Morning – thiruppallANdu, thiruppAvai
During uthsvams only.
- renovation pictures – http://vadagarai.blogspot.in/
- samprOkshaNam video –http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASBVNYgpNQw
- purattAsi uthsavam video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTdg-wgOLY
Vadakarai, near Rajapalayam, Srivillipuththur,
Temple Archakar: S.Sudarsanam, Vadakarai
From Rajapalayam to Vadakarai (every 45 minutes)
Notes: Temple maintenance and Nithya Thiruvaradhanam are performed only by the help of devotees belong to this village living all over India. AnnanThirumaligai & Vanamaamalai mutts are there. Funds required for renovation and bringing them to functioning. Any devotees willing to donate may kindly view the below details & do the needful.
THIRUVENKATAMUDAYAN THIRUKOIL NITHYA KAINKARYA TRUST.
A/C NO.6026861366 .
IFSC CODE: IDIB000R006
For cheque or draft, IN THE NAME OF “THIRUVENKADAMUDAYAN THIRUKOIL NITHYA KAINKARYA TRUST”.
N038, JANATHACEM COLONY, SANKARANKOIL ROAD,
1) V.G. Govindan,Trustee
2) G. Sudarsanam,Member
3) K.S.ShankaraNarayanan, Member